In response to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the vast majority of departments and colleges across the university have reduced on-campus operations to a minimum. There is an exception, though. The Warehouse Services Team has shifted all energies to central receiving operations. Their sole focus is on receiving, delivering, and coordinating pick-up of packages that contain valuable items that are needed to carry out the mission of the University.
“Our team is working seven- and eight-hour shifts receiving multiple trucks from UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Staples, DHL, small carriers, freight carriers…you name it, we receive it”, said Bill Carlson, Assistant Director for Materials Support, part of NC State’s Procurement & Business Services unit.
“They are doing so much more than delivering packages. They problem-solve daily to make our unconventional delivery system better. Being able to rely on such dedicated and valuable employees is especially important during these uncertain times. “Bill Carlson
“This dedicated Central Receiving team continues to give 100% of the effort to ensure that NC State staff and faculty have what they need to get their job done. They are doing so much more than delivering packages. They problem-solve daily to make our unconventional delivery system better. Being able to rely on such dedicated and valuable employees is especially important during these uncertain times. They truly are rock-stars”, Mr. Carlson added.
During this period of reduced university operations, Central Receiving is accepting redirected package deliveries from FedEx, UPS, Amazon, and the MarketPlace suppliers.
Here is what you can do to help expedite the redelivery of your orders:
- When placing an order include the contact name, phone number, and the building address. This information allows the Warehouse team to contact you after we have received your packages at the Material Support Warehouse.
- Do not use the Materials Support Warehouse (building 161) address when placing your orders.
- Delivery drivers will attempt to deliver packages to the campus building on the shipping label. If unsuccessful, the packages will be delivered to Central Receiving at the Material Support Warehouse.
- The Central Receiving team will contact you when your package is ready for pick-up. Pick-up must occur within 72 hours and within the same week.
- Packages can be picked up between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at the Materials Support Warehouse, 3240 Ligon St, Raleigh, NC 27607 (building 161 on the campus map) https://maps.ncsu.edu/#/buildings/MSW