In order to dispose of a tagged vehicle, please follow these steps:
- Enter a Surplus Request:
- Navigate to the Financial System: login to MyPack Portal>Main Menu>Financial System>Assets & Surplus>Surplus Request.
- On the ‘Add a New Value’ tab click ADD.
- Enter the following information:
|Location||Enter the building number found on the campus map|
Click ‘Look up’, to select the correct building and room number combination
|Surplus Action||Select vehicle|
|Project||Enter the project ID to be refunded when the items are sold|
|Comments||Enter comments about the sales location ‘As Is Where Is’ or ‘Delivered’ if planning to deliver to the Department of Administration (DOA) Warehouse. Enter comments about the operational status and physical condition of the motorized equipment|
|Quantity||Enter the number of vehicles, normally one per line|
|Lot Exists||Do not check|
|Description||Enter make, model, color and year of the vehicle|
|Item Category||Select ‘Vehicles and Trailers’ –Titled|
|Serial #||Enter the vehicle or equipment serial number|
|Asset Tag #/CAMS #||Enter the CAMS number|
|Condition||Select a description of the physical condition|
- Additional paperwork required:
- Print and sign the Surplus Request Form. See sample.
- Print and complete the Odometer Disclosure Statement and Check List Vehicle Forms.
- Bring hard copy originals of the forms to the Materials Support Warehouse at 3240 Ligon St., Building 161 on the campus map.
- Email at least three pictures of the vehicle, if selected ‘As Is Where Is’ to email@example.com.
- If selected “As Is Where Is” please provide physical address of vehicle, contact name, contact phone number.
- Navigate to the eRIMS site and complete the notification for Risk Management.
- All vehicles carry insurance through the NC State Risk Management Office.
- Wait for the confirmation email from the Surplus Property Office before delivering the vehicle to the State of North Carolina Department of Administration Surplus Warehouse, 6501 Chapel Hill Road, Raleigh NC 27607.