In order to dispose of a non-tagged vehicle, please follow these steps:
- Enter a Surplus Request:
- Navigate to the Financial System: login to MyPack Portal>Main Menu>Financial System>Assets & Surplus>Surplus Request.
- On the ‘Add a New Value’ tab click ADD.
- Enter the following information:
|Location||Enter the building number found on the campus map|
Click ‘Look up’, to select the correct building and room number combination
|Surplus Action||Select “As Is Where IS” or “Delivered” or “Pick-up” depending on how the equipment will be handled|
|Project||Enter the project ID to be refunded when the items are sold|
|Comments||Enter comments about the operational status and physical condition of the motorized equipment|
|Quantity||Enter the number of vehicles, normally one per line|
|Lot Exists||Do not check|
|Description||Enter make, model, color and year of the vehicle|
|Item Category||Select the type of equipment that best describes the non-titled motorized vehicle|
|Serial #||Enter the vehicle or equipment serial number|
|Asset Tag #/CAMS #||Enter the CAMS number if one exists|
|Condition||Select a description of the physical condition|
- Print and sign the Surplus Request Form. See sample.
- Surplus Property Office will forward the signed Surplus Request Form to Risk Management to document the change in insurance coverage.
- Navigate to the eRIMS site and complete the notification for Risk Management All vehicles carry insurance through the NC State Risk Management Office.